Additional Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Our Dog Cinnamon


It has been a long time since we have posted. But Cinnamon has been so excited today that I thought it was about time I let you all in on our blessed little Cinnamon. We are so lucky to have her in our lives. We got her as a tiny pup, and time really passes so quickly. She was hit by a car last year before Christmas and I told my husband, who brought her to the emergency vets that I thought she was about 3 year old. NOT so, she was 6 we found out from our local vet. Now no comments that I don't love my pets, I do, I just don't remember all their birthdays.


Cinnamon has always been a true boxer, very energetic, although small for a boxer. But last year when she was hit by a car we were all very scared. My husband, Jackson had taken her outside and then got sidetracked and forgot to watch her, she got too close to the road and her hing end was hit. I didn't know how bad at the time all I knew was that an artery was hit because there was blood spurting everywhere, what a mess. You could see the panic and fear in Cinnamon's eyes. We almost lost her that day. I was never so grateful for the emergency vet and will never again curse their expensive treatment. She spent the weekend at the emergency vet, then we brought her to our local vet on Monday morning and she stayed there for another day.


When we brought her home we had to change her dressing on her leg every day, it was amazingly deep, I didn't know a dog had that much flesh on their lower leg. At first I never thought it would heal. Jackson had mentioned that one of the surgeons at the local hospital swears by honey on wounds. So we started using that with every dressing change and that wound healed so quickly. I was shocked. Now you would never know, except for the scar, that she had an injury. She is back to her old active self. Her limp is gone and we are so blessed to have her with us.

No comments: