Additional Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Fall Planting

OK Jackson tilled up my garden last night. I wanted to be able to pull up the plants so as not to stir up the ground but just didn't have time this year. Will try again next year. I know it is late in the season but we will give it a go and see how it works. As you can see from the picture the ground is so dry and dusty. It is a HOT day today but just turned dark and overcast so my thought is that it "might" rain. We will see. But I wanted to get the seeds in the ground just in case. If not I will go out and water tonight a bit. We are on a water restriction here and I hate to waste water so I will only water a bit. It is supposed to rain toward the end of the week too.
Hopefully we can make those cold frames this weekend and see if I can get any greens to grow. It is usually trial and error with me. I have tried following the advice of books and web sites but I seem to work better just winging it and seeing what happens. So that is how we work it here.

Seems to be working fine for us.
Oh and here is a picture of the beautiful purple basil we grew this year. Great flavor and adds great color to the garden and anything I cook.

No comments: