Additional Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Deer

Today while gathering eggs I noticed two deer. We see deer all the time here, but never this close, they are usually down in the field. This time they were just on the other side of the chicken coop. I was startled at first because I just saw a glimpse of movement out of the corner of my eye. Then I realized what it was and just sat down.

OK yes, I have chairs up at the barn by the chickens, I think I have mentioned before that I love to sit and have a cup of tea and watch my chicks.

I sat there for about 10 minutes. At first the deer didn't know what to make of me. They stared at me staring at them. Then they went back to grazing for a while and moved slowly off into the woods. So amazing, probably about 15-20 feet away from me, beautiful.

I didn't have my camera with me. I do have some dried corn left from this years corn harvest so I think I am going to strew some ears up there to see if I can entice any deer back to the same spot. And will hopefully remember to bring my camera along and "shoot" some deer. That is the only "shooting" I can bare.

I do remember as a little girl, my dad brought me along hunting with him "once". I say once because he never brought me again. I was young and really had no idea what we were out there in the woods to accomplish. We saw a deer, beautiful deer, and my dad raised his rifle to shoot and I just let out a yelp. Scared the deer, angered my dad just a little, and we walked back home and that was my first and last "hunting trip".

No comments: