Additional Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Banana Bread


Ohhh, I made my mom's banana bread yesterday. So yummy. I loved it as a child and every time I make it I think of her. My boys love it too. Although they were not around to have my mom make it for them, maybe when I pass the recipe on to them and they are making it, they will think of me. We had some bananas, actually a lot of bananas and some were starting to get over ripe. They just smelled delicious, and the boys love it fresh out of the oven, so they were hot and wonderful. Here is the recipe, I know my mom wouldn't mind sharing:


3 mashed bananas-4 if they are small
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter (I use earth balance to keep it dairy free)
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1/2 cup walnuts (optional) (I usually leave these out)
1 tsp vanilla
bake for 1 hr 15 min on a low 300 degree oven

No comments: