Additional Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Christmas

OK I know it is early for that post. My mom showed me how to knit years and years ago, when I was probably around 8 or 9 years old. But for me it took too much time, so while I knew how to knit, how to read a pattern, how to show others to knit, I chose not to. Crocheting was my yarn craft of choice. And I do love crocheting but it isn't knitting, and you can't really crochet socks, I have tried many times with many patterns, just not the same.



Last year a friend showed me how to knit a different way, she said everyone in Europe knits like this. It was so much easier, and it was easy for me to switch. I think that is because it had been so many years since I had picked up knitting needles, LOL. So I have been knitting up a storm SOCKS!! Yes, the one thing I have always wanted to do, knit socks. So everyone this year is getting socks for Christmas, hand knit by ME.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I'd be interested in hearing more about this different way of knitting. I can crochet but have always found knitting hard. I'm trying out the knifty knitter now and it is easy but is a very loose knit.