Additional Pages

Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Gift

Ok I received a holiday gift and I was very sceptical. It was one of those gift in a jar things. This one was bean soup, so it had an herb packet, 2 beef bullion cubes and a jar of beans. Of course the boys thought is was beautiful and would then, of course, make a wonderful soup. So we made it. Really easy. Instead of adding water and bullion cubes I just added vegetable broth, we are vegetarians (well three of us are anyway). It was DELICIOUS. Can I say that again it was DELICIOUS.

I now want to make my own packets, thinking that having this in the pantry would be just so easy when I am busy and don't have time to think about what we are having for dinner. Or don't have time to be home to cook it. I think you could put this in a slow cooker and let it simmer all day and be great.


So now I have ordered the book of Gifts in a Jar, the soup one so I can make up my own. Very surprised. You never know. LOL

1 comment:

Danielle said...

We made our own pancake and waffle mixes last year and really enjoyed having them. It made it so easy to say yes!

Speaking of which, we need to replenish our pancake supply.