Additional Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Beans and seeds

OK I have been looking through my cupboards, looking for something to make for supper that we haven't had in a while. A hidden treasure of sorts, LOL. I ran across our mung beans. We love mung beans. So I went online to see if I could find something new to do with mung beans, there has to be more out there. And I ran across a great site for sprouting, well just about anything. So I decided to try sprouting mung beans. Then I also found some alfalfa seeds and went back to that wonderful site to see how to sprout alfalfa seeds as well. Jackson has tried sprouting beans and seeds in the past but never had much luck, he would usually forget about them. So we will see how it goes. Here are a couple of pictures of the mung beans and alfalfa seeds in their "soak" phase. I also ran into a bag of great northern beans and decided to soak them last night for baked beans today. I can smell them cooking, yum.

No comments: