Additional Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Self Portrait Challenge


OK This month's topic for the self portrait challenge is politics. And there are so many good photos already on this topic. Fun to see.

I decided to go with organics for my photo this week. It is so near and dear to my heart. I try to feed my family the healthiest food and that leads me to organics. Then when the government changed the standards on me, I was left questioning everything. It is so hard now for me to buy organic foods because I am wondering if it is truly organic or now they can just use the word organic because of the loose guidelines. So I think about if the company really did change it's practices or can use the label because it's former practices are now "called" organic, and how do I tell. Where do you draw the line, what line am I trying to draw. It is so confusing. I know organics is a hot market, if a product can be called organic they can charge a higher price for it and people will pay that price thinking they are getting a better quality of food with less chemicals.

So that is the focus of my photo this week ORGANICS.


No comments: