Additional Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Expanding Garden

We are focusing on our garden right now and I decided to take pictures of the freshness of the garden, everything coming up a new. It is so hot outside right now, not sure how long I will be out here taking photos so we will see what I get.
In this picture you can see about 2/3 of our garden, which doubled in size this year. I so enjoy looking at all the abundance from this angle, seeing everything we are growing.

OK here are some of our greens, you can see collards and mustards in this picture. Gotta love greens, and Jackson is a wiz at creating new and delicious dishes using greens, YUM!!!

And of course the lettuce, how delicious does that look. I had to plant this variety this year, it is called Drunken Woman Lettuce, can't go wrong with a name like that.



And this are our potatoes. We absolutely love potatoes so we planted like 5 raised rows this year. Will see how long it lasts us so we can gauge our planting for next year.

OK so I didn't last long in the heat. I didn't get pictures of the herbs, tomatoes, corn, peppers etc. But you get the idea.








1 comment:

Nan - said...

I came to your blog from Maggie's Name Your Homeplace Contest. What a lovely name for your home. I've loved reading all your posts. I'll be back. (Oh, and we love potatoes too!)