Additional Pages

Friday, June 20, 2008

One Local Summer

OK so this is One Local Summer week 3. Let me post the picture first and then talk about it:

OK this year I am so enjoying our garden, well I do every year. But this year it is three times as big, which had me worried in the beginning, would we be able to care for such a large garden. Not to worry, it is turning out just fine and we are enjoying the abundance of food. This week I am choosing this meal for the challenge, although last night we had some green beans which were delicious so I almost changed my mind.

Here we have a frittata with eggs from our chickens, greens and onion from our garden, and goat cheese from a friend. This friend lives in Georgia but her neighbor makes the cheese and the friend happened to be coming this way for a visit and brought some with her for me. So I am calling this local as it is local for her and there was no additional shipping involved. Steamed beets, gotta love beets. And these ones are so pretty, when they are raw you can really see the wonderfully colored rings. I will have to take a picture of that one of these days. Also we have a salad from the garden as well.

What did not come from our property was the cheese (local) and the salad dressing. It was so delicious both of my boys enjoyed it as well and we will certainly have it again.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Hey, I know those boys!

Well, I don't know them, know them. lol

I just followed over here from the one local summer challenge to see your meal, and here it is you guys! Sounds delicious.

I think I just spotted some red velvet okra coming up in my garden. Yay!