Additional Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Delicious pasta

OK this meal was delicious, so I am going to share the recipe. I took it from the food network site, it is called Babganoush-Hummus Pasta . I have been looking for recipes for eggplant. It is not one of my favorite vegetables and yet I planted two plants in my garden this year, hmmm not sure why. Maybe some sense of obligation, doesn't everyone have eggplant in their garden. Well I just don't like the texture when it is cooked.

So in searching I found this recipe, like I said, and it was delicious it is:
1/4 cup EVOO
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 cloves finely chopped or grated garlic
1 medium eggplant, peeled and chopped
1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
1 lemon, zested
1 cup vegetable stock
2 to 3 tablespoons tahini paste
1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts

I cooked up the egg plant in a large pan until it was soft then added everything else and stirred it up (I deleted the red pepper flakes) added it to my food processor until it was a nice sauce consistency, had to add a little more vegetable stock, and served over pasta with a nice salad. Just delicious. I had a few eggplants so I tripled the recipe and froze some for another meal. Then used the left over sauce, cold, as a dip. Just like humus. When it cools it thickens.

No comments: