Additional Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2008

One Local Summer

This week just flew by. We actually ate our local meal toward the beginning of the week, like on Monday. But I had all week to get it posted on my blog. Now here it is Saturday already. Whew. Everything in this meal comes directly from our garden except the fake chicken cutlet under the tomato sauce I prepared.

What you can see in the first picture are the beets, green peppers and onions under all the tomatoes and potatoes. But this is tonight's garden harvest for supper. I love going up into the garden and grabbing supper. Just LOVE IT!!

I steamed the beets and green beans, roasted the potatoes (yum roasted potatoes are just so delicious), and I made a sauce for the fake chicken out of tomatoes, onion, peppers, and basil. A little S&P and a little of our homemade wine. It was so good. Everyone here thoroughly enjoyed this meal.

1 comment:

Madeline said...

You're making me want to go get some beets at the farm, right now. We love them roasted.