Additional Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2008

One Local Summer

I must admit to not doing a local meal for this challenge 2 weeks ago. Well we might have eaten local but I just don't remember. That week was a blur, the Love to Learn Conference, that I co-coordinate, was yesterday. So 2 weeks ago was so many last minute preparations, confirmations, scheduling etc. I ate out a lot, while working on the details. I relied on Jackson for meals at home. He is a wonderful cook, but my mind was just not on taking photos.

Last week was a bit easier, all the details had been worked out ahead of time, and although it was busy, it was not as buys as the previous week. So we had a nice all from home meal. All except the fake chicken breast that is under the tomato, veggie mixture. This meal was a fake chicken breast, topped with tomatoes, onion, peppers, basil all from our garden cooked in a little amber wine that my husband fermented. We had steamed beets (I love beets) and roasted potatoes, with a cup of wine from my husbands selection of home made wines. This is a nice rich amber wine. A little sweeter as I enjoy a sweet wine. But not as sweet as some has has fermented.

2 comments:

Madeline said...

OMG! Are you serious? You co-coordinate another conference, on top of all you do for L&L? You are super human. That is so cool that your husband makes wine. I'm sure you've needed a bit of wine lately.

Pam Genant said...

yes the wine is a blessing at time, LOL. and yes Teri and I co-coordinate the Love to Learn Conference, an inclusive homeschooling conference. NC has needed one for some time now so we just decided to DO IT. People are very grateful to have an alternative to all of the Christian based homeschool conferneces here. See you in September!