Additional Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Apples

Apples, apples and more apples. We just love FRESH apples. And there is an orchard near us, like 30 miles, that has the most delicious apples. We have been going here for 5 years now to pick our own apples. One of the only orchards left where you can actually go through the trees and pick your own apples. They have so many different varieties. Our favorite this year, as in the past, is the pink ladies. Now I have fresh apples to cook with as well. Made an apple cake. Recipe was from the Internet and it was OK, although I have made better. Need to still search out the best apple cake recipe. Also have apple butter to take me through the winter. YAY!! Can't beat it, and we so enjoy spending an hour together picking apples, tasting apples and chatting with the owners.

Maybe tomorrow I will have time to blog about the reactions of other families to the bumper stickers I have on my care. ;-)

No comments: