Additional Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

Dark Days of Winter

I am a little late with this post. We had friends over for a holiday party this weekend, and time just flew by. I made this meal earlier in the week. It was so delicious. I love finding new ways to use sweet potatoes.
This meal consists of pasta with a sweet potato sauce, mashed sweet potatoes, milk, S&P. The sweet potatoes have so much flavor that they really need no seasoning, but the milk makes them really creamy. I will admit that I kept some aside and added canned coconut milk for myself as my stomach just can't handle dairy. And the side dish is cooked Georgia Collard Greens, frozen from our summer garden, with onion and just a little S&P. And also some savory sweet potato bread. Non-local ingredients include the pasta, I just didn't have time this week to make pasta. I have some of the sauce in the freezer and looking at the picture now, I think I will have it for lunch today, YUM!

No comments: