Additional Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Dark Days of Winter/Solstice Bread

We made our solstice wish bread today. And other than the spices and oil, it is all LOCAL. I added some mashed sweet potato to the recipe this year, and local honey. It looks so delicious. Tomorrow morning we welcome the sun and then have a breakfast of wish bread and hot chocolate. If you have never made wish bread the idea is to roll the dough into balls, with each ball the person makes a wish for the coming year, either silently or spoken aloud. So the bread is full of good thoughts and prayers. Can't be any better than that. I use a bundt pan and top with Cinnamon and sugar. YUMMMMM.

1 comment:

MangoChild said...

Oooh, that sounds delicious, especially with sweet potato. Can you post the recipe? I'd love to make it when I visit my parents for the new year....