Additional Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dark Days of Winter

OK my leg is feeling better, and although I am still on crutches and not able to stand on my left leg, I did get into the kitchen the other day and cook up a mostly local meal. YEAH!!

Of course it took me a few extra hours to do it as I had to get things out of the fridge one at a time, and had to cook sitting down. But it worked with the help of my wonderful boys, we had a delicious LOCAL meal.




The picture looks very dark, oh well it's the meal that counts...right ;-) But we have local potatoes, greens and beets from my freezer (veggies from our garden this past year) local sweet potatoes. The carrots and meatless turkey are not local. It was delicious and I feel so much better getting back into the kitchen.

1 comment:

MangoChild said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. Sounds like you have a good store of local produce there, it makes one more confident going through the winter I think. Happy to hear from you again :-)