Additional Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Dark Days of Winter

This week I decided to use some of the rhubarb from my freezer, well it originally came from my garden spring 2008. I had not frozen rhubarb before but it was fabulous. And a nice taste of spring, right when I am eager to have spring pop up and join us. Of course I still have to order seeds, but am still looking forward to getting my feet in the nice warm soil.


I used the rhubarb and made up a simple cobbler. Used probably not as much sugar as I would like, but was making it for my husband as a thank you for doing so much for me while my mobility is still compromised. So I made it a little tart, for him. Non local ingredients include, cinnamon, soy milk (used that so I could eat it) baking powder, and sugar. It was delicious!!



1 comment:

MangoChild said...

I'm like your husband, I like things a bit more on the tart side. So sweet of you to make a special dish for him. How are you doing? Hope you are on the mend every day.... What kinds of seeds are you thinking of using this year?