Additional Pages

Friday, March 13, 2009

Foster Boxer

I posted a few weeks ago about a new adventure in our lives, fostering rescued boxer dogs. And I posted about our first dog, Charlie Brown. Well Charlie Brown has a family eager to adopt him. A couple that live not too far from us. They met Charlie on Monday and we are meeting them tonight at 7:00 for them to formally adopt Charlie. I am nervous. Charlie is so great, and I know this will be such a wonderful home for him. But this is our first adoption so I am trying to think of every little think I need to tell this couple about Charlie.

A friend of mine, who runs a rescue organization, has been telling me that Charlie won't be in foster care for very long, she has met Charlie. And she thinks he is just such a great dog. We have only had Charlie for about 6 weeks. We are all excited for this transition and so happy for Charlie.




2 comments:

MangoChild said...

Charlie *is* adorable. I am really excited for you all - having a pet is something that I hope I can have at some point in my life, and your Charlie will make that possible for another family :-)

Deanne said...

Yay for Charlie!
Don't worry about needing to tell the new parents everything now. You still can help them out over the phone once he goes. ;)