Additional Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Nut Cheeze

Time has been flying by, spring seems like it is already here. I go back to the ortho in just one more week, more X rays and hopefully will be out of this boot and can get up into my garden. I just can't wait to wiggle my toes in that nice warm, soft earth. That is one thing I enjoy, gardening barefoot. Yes my feet get dirty but I just haven't found a way to keep the soil out of my shoes, so my solution was to not wear shoes.

OK onto the nut cheese, I don't like the word cheese. There is no dairy in it at all of any sort. My guess is that it is used kind of like a cheese. And with this particular spread, you could make it thinner like a dip, YUMMMY on crackers. Or you can make it a little thicker and spread it on bread, add some bean sprouts and YUM again, delicious.

A friend sent me this recipe. Here is the original:

Black Pepper Cheeze

2 cups cashews
Juice of 2 lemons (4 tablespoons)
3 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground back pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 water

Process cashews, lemon juice, garlic, pepper and salt until smooth, adding only enough water to make a smooth creamy texture.

I actually added 2 Tbsp tahini to the recipe and next time would probably add just a bit less lemon juice. It was so good. I love cashews to begin with so I knew this recipe would be a winner. Jackson and the boys also enjoyed this recipe.

2 comments:

Wenwe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wenwe said...

Yummy! Just made the nut cheeze and am enjoying it for lunch with a fruit salad and crackers!