Additional Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

One more Dark Days Meal

OK I know the Dark Days challenge is over, but I missed a few meals in there when I broke my ankle and was pretty immobile, so I am catching up now. Here is one more dish, only non local ingredient was the pasta. I just didn't have time to make my own pasta or that would be local as well.

Ingredients:
onion
peppers
collard greens
tomatoes
tomato sauce
S&P
Oregano
Basil
I cooked that up (it looked so delicious when I was cooking it up that I snapped a photo at this stage) and added it to some cooked pasta in a casserole dish, added some local goat cheese in the middle and on top, then baked it at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes until the cheese was all melted.

It was DELICIOUS!!

1 comment:

MangoChild said...

I did a double take on the screen when I saw the title of this post, lol! But one more challenge meal sounds good to me :-) This looks like a great sauce. I made pizza last night, and I bet this would be delicious on top too.