Additional Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

rhubarb

You gotta love rhubarb. There is nothing that grows better in my garden. This rhubarb belonged to my grandmother, I think I have posted about that before. It just grows and grows all summer long. Providing us with such delicious desserts. Last night I was trying to think of what to have for supper. So I made some fresh bread for sandwiches, picked some cucumbers from our garden to go with them, and made a rhubarb crisp for dessert. I took a picture of the rhubarb because I usually forget to take a picture of the crisp, and then have no pictures for my blog. This time I have lots of pictures. Enjoy, wish you were here!

3 comments:

Kimba said...

looks lovely!

Kimba

MangoChild said...

That looks really good. I have a question - sometimes I see rhubarb (like what you have in the picture) that is partly red and partly green. Do you use just the red part, or can you use the green too? I am just delving into using rhubarb, and I've been wondering....

Pam Genant said...

You can use the whole stalk. Green and red. Usually the stalk is not completely red.