Additional Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Zucchini

Even though I really had a late start with this years garden, it is starting to pay off. And all the questions in my head concerning planting a garden at all this year are erased, as we look at some of the first "fruits of our labor". Our first zucchini of the season. I love zucchini, such a versatile veggie. Last night I made Chocolate Zucchini Cake and tonight I am going to make stuffed zucchini. YUM.

The cake is so delicious. With two cups of zucchini in it, you would never know, and the zucchini makes the cake oh so moist. My family loves it.
I thought I had posted the recipe before on my blog but I don't see it so I will post it now:
2-1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup butter (I use earth balance)
2-1/2 tsp baking powder
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup cocoa
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 cups shredded zucchini
1/2 cup milk (I use silk)
1 Tbsp vanilla
greased and floured bundt pan 350 degree oven for 1 hour

1 comment:

MangoChild said...

The zucchini/summer squash is just starting to come in the farmers' markets and my CSA, and I know that it will be soon overflowing. Congrats on your first harvest :-) Eaten grilled, baked, in bread, grated and sauteed/fried as pancakes, stuffed, or just raw, it really so versitile, you are right. Good thing too, since there is often so much of it!