Additional Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Morning Visitors

The puppy was up especially early this morning. Oh man, I am not a morning person so, going to be at around midnight, 5:30 came especially early for me. In the morning it seems like the puppy wants to go out every 15 minutes or so. And, yes, he knows his body. ;-)

So at some point, while taking the pooch in and out, the sun came up, I don't see that very often, and in the foggy morning I saw a couple of visitors. Not sure how often the cat comes to visit. I see quite a few cats around, neighbor cats as Jackson does not appreciate the independent nature of a cat. Very cute, but not the friendliest of cats. And this morning another box turtle. we see quite a few of these as we have two creeks on the property. This one was headed up the hill toward our grape vines. Very orange in coloring. More so than any I had seen yet. He just stuck his head out and was not afraid of the camera.

The cat eventually made it's way back up to the neighbors house, not sure which one, as we do not have neighbors that are close in proximity. And I went back during the day to make sure the turtle made it to his destination OK. These days it is really hot during the day so I didn't want anything to happen to the little guy. He was no where in sight so he either made it up the hill or went back down to the creek.

So even though I am not a morning person I am always amazed by the things you see in the early morning.

1 comment:

MangoChild said...

I too like the early morning, it gives a completely different outlook on the world. And that box turtle has lovely markings. I saw my first when I was in North Carolina out for an early run, and it literally stopped me in my tracks. I hope that yours is okay.