Additional Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Food

I can't believe it has been two months since my last blog post. I feel like I have nothing to share because I did not have a garden this year. But that is SOOOOO not true, there is so much going on around here, so much to share. So today I want to share some local squash. I may not have had time for a garden this year but so many other people did.

I picked up local butternut squash, my favorite (along with acorn squash). So I cooked it up, and blended it with coconut milk, some curry spices, a little salt and paper and we had that sauce over spaghetti, with cucumber. YUM!!!

Not my kid's favorite dish but it is one of mine.

3 comments:

Deanne said...

Oooo, that sounds delicious!

MangoChild said...

I've heard many people bash butternut sqash, calling it bland - BUT it is my absolute favorite out of all the winter squashes :-)

Lisa B said...

Our favorite thing is cut up butternut squash, parsnips, and sweet potatoes roasted in the oven with just salt and pepper and olive oil! It's sooooo good!