Additional Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Brown Rice Pizza

I made our brown rice pizza yesterday, yum!! We all love it here. Pizza is our Christmas tradition, so on Christmas we had just regular home made pizza and Saturday was Brown Rice Pizza.

Here is the recipe:

1 1/2 cup brown rice, cook in 3 cups water, simmer with lid on, takes about 30-45 minutes for brown rice to cook up.

mix together in a bowl:
1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese (can substitute sheep cheese)
3/4 cup sesame seeds
2 eggs

add the cooked rice and mix thoroughly

spread on a pizza stone, will be about 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick, just make it pretty evenly spread. Cook in a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes, it will be slightly brown on top. Top your pizza how you like, put it back in the over for about 10 more minutes. Cut and eat. YUM!!

The picture is my pizza, I use sheep cheese, topped with onion, sauce and more sheep cheese.

3 comments:

A Present Moment said...

YUM...... It really goods good. I am going to try it. Friday is always are pizza night. Thanks for the recipe. You always cook yummy things!!

MangoChild said...

I'm going to try this too, since I'm off-gluten, and miss a homemade pizza. I haven't figured out gluten free dough, and this looks much more practical/easier. How soft do you let the rice get?

Pam Genant said...

I let the rice cook as if I were going to eat it, soft.

Pam