Additional Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

Pumpkin Pie

I have made a few pumpkin pies this year. Hadn't tried a dairy free one though, this was a first. It just seemed like there was so much milk in a pumpkin pie that to replace that would somehow effect the pie, either in taste or cooking. But really it enhanced the pie. I just replaced the milk with vanilla silk, next time I am going to try the VERY vanilla silk, or silk nog, those would be YUMMY!!

Very delicious. So for all my dairy free friends out there, give it a try!!

1 comment:

MangoChild said...

I made a crust-less pumpkin pie this year using almond milk, and it came out wonderfully. Just a normal pumpkin recipe with the milk subbed out with almond milk. Sweet potato would likely work too. So I can definitely chime in that yes, this works!