Additional Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Garden Excitement

I always get itchy to get into my garden this time of year. It is about time too, seems like this winter was particularly snowy and cold (two reasons I left Maine). But the sun is out and time to get crackin'. This year I will have Phillip helping me in the garden, he is excited to get started as well. We made our planting list this morning and are also planning a double layer deer fence, to keep out our lovely intruders....

Here is our list so far, in no particular order:
-sweet corn
-popcorn
-bell peppers
-jalapeno peppers
-tomatoes
-collard greens
-kale
-carrots
-green beans
-radishes
-beets
-okra
-cow peas
-black eyed peas
-potatoes
-sweet potatoes
-zucchini
-egg plant
-chamomile
-basil
-oregano
-dill
-cilantro
-parsley
-lettuce
-cucumbers
-lemon balm
-watermelon
-butternut squash
-onions

And looking at things we have quite a few in seeds, some we will buy at the feed store as seedlings and I will only have to buy three of four as seeds this year, always a bonus.

My ankle is feeling great so that won't slow me down this year. We are ready to get started!!

No comments: