Additional Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Asparagus

Our asparagus is doing so well, we planted a small square of asparagus maybe 4 or 5 years ago, and it has seeded itself so we get more and more each year. This is the first of our harvest this year, although when I was mowing yesterday I saw maybe 7 or 8 more stalks waiting for me, so today I am going to go pick some more and see what we can make with it tonight. YUM!!! Gotta love asparagus. This isn't something that I grew up eating, never tried asparagus until I was probably 24 or 25 in North Carolina.
Also so lucky to have a husband that loves to cook, so usually he cooks at least one meal on the weekend. He is very good at just winging a meal with what we have in the house, me...I need at least a vague idea in my head before I start cooking. So this is our asparagus and what Jackson decided to do with it, can you say YUMMY!!! It was delicious.

No comments: