Additional Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Potato Bake

I am not sure about a name for this dish, I kind of winged it from ingredients I had on hand, for a pot luck supper we were heading to. So I am calling it Potato bake. Actually I boiled the potatoes first.

-however many potatoes you want, cubed and boiled until knife tender....do not over cook or they will be mushy.
-an onion chopped
-O Oil
-1 1/2 cup soy milk
-1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
-4 ounces (approx) goat cheese
-2 tsp corn starch
-1 can organic green beans, or a couple of cups of chopped zucchini, or chopped cauliflower, whatever veggie you would like to use.
-S&P
-dill about 2 tsp

First cook up the onions in the oil, add to a casserole dish with potatoes and cooked vegetables. In a sauce pan add the soy milk, vegetable broth, goat cheese (sometimes I will use a nice herb goat cheese if I have it on hand), corn starch and whatever herbs you would like. I just use some S&P and dill, but feel free to improvise with your favorite herbs.

You want to heat this dish until it comes to a boil, it will thicken a little and you are done. Add the sauce to the casserole dish and mix up all the ingredients. I put some goat cheese crumbles on top but you could use any goat cheese or no cheese on top. Then I cover and put it in a 350 degree oven for just 20 min, to give everything a chance to work together. Once everything is nice and hot you are done.

I think next time I am going to add in some fake chicken chunks but you could add in real chicken, multiple veggies, try it with sweet potatoes, add in green peppers.....you get the picture. It is delicious!! Dairy free, wheat free, sugar free and meat free.

No comments: