Additional Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Collard Green/Onion Frittata

This is a "go to" recipe in our house, when I don't have anything else, I always have the ingredients for a frittata.  I keep collards from our garden in the freezer, and our chickens lay plenty of eggs.  Sheep and goat cheese are staples here, so I can always throw this dish together.

-Bunch of Collard Greens, I know that isn't specific but this recipe can handle 2-3 cups of cooked collards.--1 onion
-1/4 C slivered almonds
-10 eggs
-1 1/2-2 C shredded manchego sheep cheese
-6 ounces goat cheese, more or less
-S&P
-O Oil

Dice the onion, and cook in O Oil for just a few minutes, then add the chopped collards and about 1/4 C water, cover and cook until collards are tender, about 20-25 minutes.

In a bowl combine eggs (beaten), and manchego cheese, goat cheese, S&P. Add in your collard/onion mixture and stir. Add in slivered almonds (this is totally optional. I like the sweetness of the almonds, but some don't like nuts in their frittata).

Add the mixture to an oiled pie plate, cook at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. The top will be browned. Let it sit for a few minutes, then cut and serve. My boys like a dolop of sour cream on top.

No comments: