Additional Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

From the Garden

I planted a few things in the garden back in mid-February.  Advice from a local farmer, and I am so glad I did.  I know I will be adding to the early planting list next year.  But as I am just finishing up planting the rest of my summer garden we are enjoying the bounty of the early plantings, lettuce, spinach, radishes and soon...peas. 

One favorite of ours is green smoothies.  I make these probably 3-4 times a week as a mid day snack, so refreshing and a great way to bring more greens into my diet.  I also ordered a new blender as mine was leaking terribly and I have not been able to fix it.  So I bought a kitchen ninja, yes that is what it is called...LOL.

Today's smoothie is made of local strawberries, we had so many that I froze quite a few, thought they would be great in smoothies, also frozen honeydew melon, fresh-from-the-garden spinach, blueberry juice, a banana, and about a tsp of honey.  It looked so delicious just sitting there in the new blender waiting, that I snapped a picture. 

Also from the garden is this radish, I just thought it looked so cute I had to snap a picture. :-)

I thought it looked like a heart, the boys thought it looked like a butt. 

No comments: