Additional Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Jackson's Wine

Jackson enjoys making wine, he really likes researching yeasts and talking to other wine makers about the process.  He has been planting different varieties of grapes on our property for about 10 years now, specifically for making wine.  He also likes to experiment with different fruits and mixtures, as well as different yeasts. 

This past weekend we bottled some of Jackson's wine.  It was made from grapes and rhubarb he harvested back in 2006, so it has been a few years in the fermenting.  He said it was delicious.  I did not taste the wine, figured it wouldn't be fair, as I have a cold, to judge a wine based on a sample I could not taste or smell.  So I will judge once the cold has passed.  He and I have different taste in wine, he likes a dry wine, woody taste.  I personally like a sweeter wine.  Sometimes he will ferment a batch especially for me.  :-)  Nice and sweet.




The process if fun for both of us, although I don't have the same passion for wine as he does.  And it is made from produce readily available on our property. 

No comments: