Additional Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Dirty Life

I just finished reading The Dirty Life by Kristin Kimball.  What a wonderful short read.  Great for your summer reading.  I loved the authors descriptions of food!  Just made you want to start farming so you could make the deliciousness for yourself!  Oh yeah, I do a little farming myself, will have to try a couple of the dishes she elaborates on in the book.  :-)

I especially loved this clip from the book:

"You can't really own a farm, no matter what the deed says.  It has a life of its own.  You can love it beyond measure, and you are responsible for it, but at most you're married to it."

Just a loving account of getting started farming, the ups and downs, as well as getting started in a new relationship.  How the farm and the relationship develop in this new community. 

If you love farming or reading about farming and farmers you will enjoy this book.

No comments: