Additional Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

No~Can Green Bean Casserole

This is another dish from the Zucchini Parmesan supper we had a couple of nights ago.  I love green beans but wanted something different from just plain, cooked green beans.  So I came up with this.

I took about 4 cups of green beans and steamed them until knife tender.  While those were cooking I diced up one onion and stir fried that in about a TBSP of olive oil.  In an oven safe dish add 3/4 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup milk, 1 TBSP potato starch (or corn starch or flour), S&P to taste.  Stir that up so that everything is blended smooth, then add 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and mix.  Once the beans are done, drain and add the green beans and onions to the dish.  Mix thoroughly and top with a sprinkling of cheddar cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes until everything is all bubbly and the cheese is melted. 

My boys loved this dish so much they asked for it for lunch yesterday.

No comments: