Additional Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Slow Cooker Chicken Wraps

This was a "wing it" recipe.  I knew what I was going for, something sort of like tacos, that could be done in the slow cooker and made up as the boys came in from the beach.  Overnight I cooked a whole chicken, in the morning I took the meat off the bones and pulled it apart.  Then add to the slow cooker:

-pulled chicken meat
-4 cups tomato sauce
-1 can diced green chilies
-1 onion diced and sauteed just a bit
-2 TBSP home made taco seasoning

Cook on low for 2 hours.  I had out cut up tomato, lettuce, sour cream, cheddar cheese and flour tortillas.  So they could make up their own wraps when they wanted.  I turned the slow cooker onto the warm setting to keep the meat warm.  I had a small taste and it was delicious!

No comments: