Additional Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Quick and Easy Slow-Cooker Mexican Dish

I don't have a name for this dish and am trying to remember exactly what I put in it.  I was on my way out the door, and knew I wouldn't be home until supper time or later, so I threw some things in my crock pot that sounded like they might go together and go well over rice.  This is a "left over" picture.  We were so hungry when we *did* get home that I forgot to take a picture until my son wanted it for lunch the next day.


1 package Quorn fake chicken chunks
2 cups pinto beans
1-1 1/2 cups kidney beans
1 1/2 cups frozen corn
1 jar salsa
1/2-3/4 cups ranch dressing
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1/2 cup shredded 4 cheese Mexican blend of cheeses
1-2 TBSP home made taco seasoning

Slow Cooker on low for 4-6 hours.
I added about 1/4 cup of sour cream and stirred that in right before serving.  Serve over rice.  It was delicious, and VERY easy.

No comments: