Additional Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Hummus

OK so today my oldest son, Dallen, and I wanted some hummus, and since I just cooked up garbanzo beans yesterday decided to make our own.  Here is what we came up with after looking at lots of recipes online, and adapting them to our own tastes.

-5 cups cooked garbanzo beans
-3/4 cup tahini
-1/2 cup lemon juice
-2 1/2 tsp salt
-6 crushed cloves of garlic
-3 TBSP Olive Oil
-1 pinch paprika
-1/2 cup water (add water until you reach the consistency you like)

Dallen really loves the lemon flavor, if I were making it just for me, I would probably decrease the lemon juice just a bit.  He took 1/2 of the mixture out of the food processor for himself at this point.  Then I added:

-1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
-1/2 tsp onion powder

No comments: