Additional Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Black Bean Veggie Burgers

I have been craving a great veggie burger, and just not finding it anywhere, so I got into the kitchen, looked at what I had on hand and came up with my own recipe. I love it and the boys love it, we had it for lunch yesterday and these veggie burgers are delicious!  It is hard to buy a great veggie burger that is gluten free and dairy free.  I haven't found one yet, so having this recipe now is just so wonderful for me! I hope you enjoy it as well!


1 1/2 cups mashed black beans
2 cups cooked rice (brown or white will work fine)
1 shredded carrot
1 small onion minced
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 cups corn
1 large egg
1 TBSP tamari
1 tsp dried parsley
1/4 cup tapioca starch
S&P to taste

Saute the carrot and onion in about 1 tbsp Olive Oil until onions are just lightly browned.  Add the cooked onion and carrot to a bowl with all the other ingredients.  Stir well and let sit for just 2-3 minutes to set up a little. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and form the mixture into about 5 large patties.  This is NOT hamburger so you will not be flattening it out in your hand like a regular hamburger.  Just take a spoon and spoon some on the pan and form it into a round patty on the parchment paper.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15 min, then turn them over and bake 15 more minutes.  Delicious!

One note:  For the black beans, I did not want a paste, so didn't want to use the food processor, and the hand masher was just not working so what I ended up using was my pastry mixer.  I use that little item for so much, it also works great for prepping the boiled eggs for an egg salad.

No comments: