Additional Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Chocolate Truffles

OK this is an easy peasy recipe!  A friend shared it with me and I am SOOOO glad she did, the boys loved them and loved making them.

Chocolate Truffles

2-12 oz packages of semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cups heavy cream or whipping cream
cocoa powder/shredded coconut/sprinkles

On med heat add the chocolate chips to a small sauce pan and melt.  I did not use my double boiler, this was fast and simple.  Might even be able to melt in the microwave, I didn't try that.  Once melted reduce the heat to Lo.  Add the cream and stir until it is well incorporated.  Take off the heat and let it sit until cold and almost firm, I just put it in the refrigerator for a while.  Form into balls and roll in your favorite coating.  I really loved the cocoa.  Bite into the truffle and you get that bitterness of the cocoa followed by the sweet of the soft inside!  My boys enjoyed the coconut ones but said the ones with sprinkles were just "OK".  YUM!

No comments: