Additional Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pasta Pie

I have several recipes to post, older recipes that we have not eaten really since we moved back to the States in 1997.  But I am digging out old recipes and bringing them back.  The boys love them, Jackson and I love them, it's a win-win!

This one is Pasta Pie.  The original recipe is from a cookbook we bought in Germany, Low-Fat Vegetarian Cookbook.  But I have adapted the recipe, just a little, to suit our family.

Here is our recipe:

1/2 cup milk
4 eggs
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
2 cloves garlic minced
3 cups cold cooked spaghetti
pinch S&P

Preheat a 9 inch glass pie plate (or I have a shallow baking dish I use) in a 500 degree oven.  I just stick the dish in the oven while it is preheating.  By the time I have the ingredients mixed, it is all hot.

Mix all the above ingredients well.  Oil the pie plate just a little, be careful it is hot.  I use an oil sprayer I bought from Pampered Chef to spray O Oil around the dish.  Pour the mixture in the pie plate, and put it in the 500 degree oven for 25 minutes.  It will be a little brown on top.  You probably don't "have to" preheat the dish, but it really helps to get a nice crust on the bottom.

While this is cooking, in a sauce pan add:

3 cups tomato sauce
1/2 cup sour cream
2 minced cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1-1/2 tsp sugar
pinch S&P

Heat this up.  When the pie is cooked, slice and top with a little of the sauce.  Delicious!

No comments: