Additional Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Turnips

I haven't posted in a while so thought I would show you what I have been up to lately.  As I mentioned before I have turnips in the garden, so I harvested the larger ones and decided to try preserving turnips.  What I will do with these turnips is yet to be determined, since I have not been able to find "wonderful" recipes for turnips.  But I hate to see them go to waste.  In searching out the best preservation method for turnips, I found some people can turnips, and most freeze them.  Freezer space is limited so I decided to freeze only about 1/2 and then can the rest.  Shelf space is more plentiful.  I will see which method I prefer.  But I had a LOT of turnips!!

I still have many more fresh in the garden along with lettuce and radishes for the moment.

No comments: