Additional Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Creamy Veggie Pasta

OK I used to make a version of this years ago, but that one contained milk, sour cream, and gluten full pasta.  So I stopped making it.  This version is much healthier with more veggies.

~1 TBSP Olive Oil
~1 onion diced
~2 celery ribs chopped
~2 carrots diced
~2 cups green beans (these were green beans I had canned from last year's garden)
~1 package Quorn Chicken-Not chunks or you could easily use 2 chicken breasts cooked and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
~1/2 bag Tinkiada gluten free pasta (that is the brand I like the BEST) cooked.
~2-1/2 cups plain almond milk
~4-6 ounces of goat cheese crumbled
~1 TBSP tapioca starch
~S+P

Add olive oil, onion, celery, and carrot to a pan on med-high heat.  Stir for about 5 minutes, until onions are translucent.  Add Quorn Chicken-Not chunks and 2 cups almond milk.  Let this heat until the Chicken-Not chunks are thawed and hot.  Now add your green beans and goat cheese to the mixture and bring this up to just a boil, stir so the goat cheese is all melted in there.  Next, in a small bowl, stir your tapioca starch and 1/2 cup almond milk.  Add the starch/almond milk mixture to the pan, along with the cooked pasta.  Bring the pan back to a boil and it will thicken.  S+P to taste.

Everyone in my family loved this.  I didn't have any veggie broth on hand but I think next time I make this dish I will add 1/2 cup of vegetable broth to the pan when I add the 2 cups almond milk.  I just think it will give it a little more dimension.

I am also enjoying blogging my recipes.  And so are the boys.  It is so easy and fun to look through my recipe index, check out everything we have eaten and make our weekly meal plan.  So much easier to have the picture to go with the dish.  When my boys say "mom I want to make that dish we had, you know...that had the green beans in it...."  We can go to the blog and look at the pictures.

No comments: