Additional Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Crockpot Squash

This dish was so simple it makes me crazy that I have not done it before.  And delicious to boot.  To see where I pulled this "recipe", if you can call it that, just click the blog page here.

And I followed the recipe with one exception.  I used earth balance instead of butter.  I am copying the recipe below in case that blog page disappears in the future.  I want to be able to keep the recipe :-)  This blog is one of my FAVORITE Slow Cooker blogs, I adapt most recipes as we do not each much for processed foods, but the ideas are invaluable.

1 acorn squash
2 TBSP Earth Balance
sprinkling of Brown Sugar

Cut the squash in 1/2 and scoop out the seeds.  Then cut just a little bit of the skin off the bottom, so that the squash will sit flat in your slow cooker without tipping over.  Use a fork to poke some holes in the squash.  Sprinkle just a little brown sugar over the squash, and add about 1 TBSP Earth Balance to each 1/2, cut the Earth Balance up into several small pieces.  Cover and cook on low for about 7 hours.  Once it is done just scrape the nice tender squash off the sides and mix it all up inside the shell.  It is DELICIOUS!!  I am making this recipe again tonight, squash was on sale at the grocery store!

1 comment:

~Karen said...

That is a great idea!! I don't use my crock pot enough so always nice to have a new one. Even if i am the only one in my family who would eat this. LOL.