Additional Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Goat Cheese Frosting

Yes GOAT cheese, LOL.  I know it sounds horrible but it taste delicious, like cream cheese frosting.  I don't do well with cow milk/dairy, so I often use goat cheese, and the soft goat cheese has that tangy-ness you get from cream cheese, I just had to add a couple of things to my recipe to make it come out tasting the same.



-5-6 oz softened goat cheese
-1/2-3/4 cup softened earth balance
-1 tsp vanilla
-just a dash (less than a pinch) of salt
-1 TBSP plain almond milk
-3 cups confectioners sugar

cream the goat cheese and earth balance with a mixer, until well blended.  All the vanilla, salt, and almond milk and blend well.  Add confectioners sugar, 1 cup at a time, until it reaches the consistency you like for frosting.  You might need a little more if the earth balance is at all melted, a little less if the goat cheese or earth balance is still firm.

Now that I have tasted this I will not be missing my cream cheese frosting any more!  May make a cake for the gathering coming up this weekend ;-)