Additional Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bees

Well, Jackson and I decided to start another venture this year, to add to our little farm....bees.  I know it isn't easy, have heard that from several different people, but we are going to give it a whirl.  We are trying to live a more sustainable, self sufficient life and this is just another avenue.  A friend of mine is actually studying bees as part of her college program of study, so we are sort of doing it together.

Yesterday we went to the Miller Bee Supply place in North Wilkesboro.  The people there were so nice, I was pleasantly surprised as they all gave me a funny look as I walked in, LOL.  Maybe that was all in my imagination.  We met a few beekeepers there, and looked, talked, and BOUGHT!  Decided to build our own boxes and frames, which actually was very easy and didn't take long at all.  Glad we made that choice.


I still have a lot to learn, but I think this will be a fun journey.

No comments: