Additional Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Lasagna Soup

I did not name this or come up with the original recipe, but I did adapt this to our cooking and eating style.  And yes it does taste like lasagna in a soup.

Click here for the original recipe.

We don't use canned soups generally, and when I am cooking for the whole family to eat, I don't use meat, or meat broths etc.  So here is my recipe:

(OK so yes this is the little bit that was left over, I forgot to take a picture until supper was over)

Ingredients:

1 package crumbles (I use Quorn, not Gluten Free)
1 quart home canned tomato sauce
1 pint home canned tomato soup (if you use store bought you will probably need more liquid)
1 pint vegetable broth
1 onion chopped and cooked for a few minutes in a small skillet in about 1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1 1/2 tsp basil
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp parsley
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper 

Add the above ingredients to a slow cooker, cook on high for about an hour.  If you start in the morning you would not have to precook the onion, and can cook on lo for 5-6 hours and be fine. 
Add about 2 cups uncooked pasta, I used spiral pasta but anything will work, continue to cook on high for another 20 minutes, until pasta is done.  Add 1 cup Ricotta cheese and stir in well, cook an addition 5 minutes.  And you are ready to serve, just sprinkle a little mozzarella on top if you like.  


No comments: