Additional Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Quinoa Salad

This is a quick go to dish for me, for potlucks or anytime I need a dish to bring and have no time to cook.  Jackson, Dallen and I love this dish.  Phil isn't a fan of quinoa so this is not one of his favorite dishes.

Ingredients:
1 carrot julienned
1 celery spear julienned
1 cucumber julienned
1 onion chopped
1 cup uncooked quinoa (cook by adding to 1 1/4 cup boiling water, decrease heat to lo, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.  Or if you get quinoa in a package, there should be directions on the package)
Add the cooked and cooled quinoa plus all the veggies to a serving bowl.  Add just 2 Tbsp of your favorite Italian Dressing and mix.  Add salt and pepper to taste, or more dressing if you like.  This taste very fresh and delicious.

1 comment:

Teri said...

I am glad you posted your recipe. I've been meaning to try a quinoa salad for a while now.