Additional Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Risotto with Pea Pods and Brie Cheese

I forgot to take pictures for this one but wanted to get it up on my blog anyway.  Will add a pic the next time we have this dish.  I am way behind on posting recipes.

This is delicious, and for me (gluten free) I took some out of the pan before I added the cheese.

Ingredients:
~3 cups chopped pea pods
~1 1/2 cups arborio rice
~5 1/2 cups vegetable broth
~1/4 tsp onion powder (one of my sons does not like chopped onion so I use onion powder occasionally, but I think 1 small diced onion would be nice instead)
~1/2 tsp garlic powder or 2 chopped garlic cloves
~S&P to taste
~4 oz. brie cheese broken into small pieces

add pea pods, rice, 2 cups veg broth, and seasonings to a saute pan, bring to a boil then reduce heat to lo and simmer, covered, stirring every 2-4 minutes.  You want all of this to cook but don't want it to run dry, so keep adding vegetable broth, 1 cup at a time, until the rice is cooked and the broth is absorbed.  This usually takes around 20-25 minutes.  Last add the crumbled brie and stir until the cheese is melted.  DONE!

Simple and delicious, I love the pea pods in this as the flavor is delicate, I think zucchini would also be good in this dish and may try that next time.

No comments: