Additional Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

Blueberry Coffeecake

This recipe has become a favorite of the boys.  I make this frequently and can't remember where I found the recipe, it has been a while.  I really need to be better about adding our favorite recipes to this blog so I can find them.  I hate rummaging through scraps of paper, some with no titles only ingredients, to find recipes.  Uggghhh!


So here it is:  Blueberry Coffeecake

1/2 cup earth balance
1 1/3 C sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups soy milk (or buttermilk if I have some to use up)
4 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups blueberries

Mix all ingredients, except blueberries, together, add blueberries last and fold in.  Place in a greased and floured 9 X 13 pan.

Topping:
2/3 cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
6 tbsp earth balance
1/4 tsp cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg

Use a pastry blender or two knives to incorporate all ingredients together until crumbly.  Sprinkle the topping over your coffeecake.  Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.  DELICIOUS.  I think I might try this as muffins as well, I have yet to find a great blueberry muffin recipe, one that has some flavor.

No comments: